Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Business, Cotswold, and Trump...

So, i've been pretty darn busy lately, with a lot of things on my mind...
First off, i can't say enough how much I love my business, or actually business in general. I love learning about and learning about how to make more money. I'm looking very soon to purchase my first rental property, probably up in mooresville. I've been focusing a lot lately on the real estate market and achieving passive income. Hopefully it will all work out, i'm sure i'll learn a lot along the way...
One big reason i'm wanting to make more money is so that I can move out of this crime ridden neighborhood. Yesterday, some of our more favorable neighbors (insert sarcasm here) decided to have a drug related gun shooting robbery at their house. Yes, you heard me right. (insert, "holy crap!" here.) So i'm looking to move my wife and I deeper into the beautiful queen city... I'm hoping for either lansdowne or cotswold neighborhoods. Both are very up and coming and beautiful older homes... who knows, i might never be able to afford living there but i'll sure as heck try...
on a lighter note, i've been listening to Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki's book "Why We Want You To Be Rich." It's absolutely amazing. The book goes into a lot how, if you want money and you want it to be able to support you, you have to do it yourself. America is so far into debt and it's not going to be able to help anybody with social security or anything like that. Did you know that in approx. 10-20 years, over 70 million "baby boomers" are going to be retiring and be "expecting" america to pay them their social security... well guess what. that money won't be there...
fact: if each of the 75 million baby boomers begins to collect just $1000 a month in medicare and social security benefits, the total added to the U.S. Government's payroll is 75 BILLION dollars a month. This is similar to the cost of one "hurricane katrina" or one "iraq war" a month!!!
now, what do you do? well, pretty much you can't rely on anyone but yourself... if you want money to last you, you have to do it yourself...

anyways, thats my venting for the day... and don't get me wrong, i'm not some "anti america" nut... i love america but there are some mistakes that the country has made that are going to affect a large number of people in the future...

til' next time,

- D

No comments: